Young People's Services

Humbercare Accommodation Service (HAS)

The project recruits and supports a network of supported lodgings providers to provide a safe and caring home environment to Young People across the Humber sub-region. The service allows young people to develop their own identity and realise their potential whilst equipping them with the necessary skills needed for independent living and adult life. Supported Lodgings placements are available for Young People aged between 16 and 21.

Referred into the service are young people leaving local authority care, young offenders or those defined as children in need after becoming estranged from their families; this means, without exception, all young people referred are at risk and very vulnerable.

We also support mothers and babies in placement accommodation.

On acceptance to the service the young person will have an informal interview with a Support Worker identifying an appropriate match with a Supported Lodgings Provider.

Arrangements are made for introductions and face to face contact between the Young Person and the Supported Lodgings Provider. If successful, overnight and weekend stays are then arranged - these enable both parties to get to know each other.

Long-term this provides the young person with the opportunity to make real progress in the knowledge that they have stability and security; possibly for the first time. On going support is also maintained through their Social Worker and the Support Worker. Once a Young Person is equipped to meet the demands of moving on, their Support Worker will assist in achieving a smooth transition into independent living; giving the young person the best possible start to their life as an independent adult.

  1. For referral into the (Humbercare Accommodation Scheme Hull) service (YPAS), please follow the link
  2. For referral into the Humbercare Accommodation Scheme Grimsby service (HAS), please follow the link
  3. If you are a Social Worker from out of the Hull and East Riding area please phone (01482 474606)
  4. If you are interested in becoming a Supported Lodgings Provider in either the Hull or Grimsby area please see flyer and recruitment guides. Recruitment Guide PDF & Process of Recruitment for Humbercare Supported Lodgings Providers PDF

Young People's Floating Support Services

These services are available in Hull, East Riding and North East Lincolnshire.

The short term floating support service will enable care leavers, young people at risk and young offenders, to access specialist support services to develop their independent living skills, sustaining their own tenancy, and integrating them into the community. Outreach work is through floating support, delivered to aid young people's move on from accommodation based settings into independence.

The service will help young people aged 16 to 25 and will provide flexibility in supporting both clients establish a new home and those already housed.

Clients supported may be home owners, living in rented accommodation or could be homeless.

Please use this link to access a Hull Projects referral form

To make a referral, please contact the Duty worker at the Grimsby Office 01472 245820 and they will assist you to refer into the Housing related Support Gateway for North East Lincolnshire.

For East Riding referrals please contact the Children and Families Service at East Riding Council to discuss a referral to the service